StreetSeen can utilize your Facebook, Twitter, or Coursera credentials to create an account. This information is not used for any other purpose than to authenticate you to the StreetSeen system. StreetSeen usernames will be displayed throughout the site and associated with user-generated content.
StreetSeen collects non-personal information to improve functionality and content, and to monitor the site's performance. Data is used to provide answers to specific questions about the usage and performance of the web site or individual web pages. We leverage Google Analytics for this purpose and may adopt additional tools in the future.
When participating in a study by voting on Streetview images, your IP address is recorded. This provides StreetSeen with a rough idea of your geographic location. This location data is contained within study results that may be made available to the public.
Users creating content on StreetSeen agree to the following:
- Content created via the StreetSeen application (including study questions, image sets and public study results) is available for reuse by the public under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported license.
- Studies which are "launched" will be available for public viewing and voting.
- Users will not harrass or intimidate other users via activities on StreetSeen.
- Users will not post or add content to a study that is illegal, profane, obscene, vulgar, sexist, racist, or discriminatory.
Any study author who violates any of the policies listed above may have their account suspended.
Users participating in a study by voting on images agree to the following:
- Voting results are available for reuse by the public under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported license.
- StreetSeen will collect certain geographical data about the location of the computer used to cast each vote. These data will be avilable along with the voting results.
Users who do not agree to the terms above should refrain from participating in any studies on StreetSeen.